31 Mar Tax deadlines that will be extended in 2020
Tax deadlines that will be extended in 2020
With the current COVID-19 pandemic and economic climate, the federal government moved tax deadlines in certain areas.
Some but not all tax filing and payment dates are extended to July 15, 2020. At DVF, we want to make sure to keep you informed and up to date with the recent changes.
Tax Filing Dates to Know
The deadline for filing and paying the following tax returns are extended from April 15 to July 15, 2020.
- Form 1040 – Federal personal income tax returns
- Form 1041 – Federal trust and estate tax returns
- Form 1120 – Federal corporate tax returns
- First Quarter estimated tax payment
- TN Franchise and Excise tax returns
- TN Hall tax returns
- Gift Tax returns
- Form 990 – Returns for Exempt Organizations (not-for-profit)
The deadline for filing and paying the following tax returns are extended from April 15 to June 15, 2020.
- County and City Business Tax
Tax returns that do not have an extended filing deadline:
- Form 941 – 1st Quarter (April 30th)
- TN Wage and Premium Report – First Quarter (April 30)
If you have any questions, please contact DVF at 615-893-6666 in Murfreesboro, Tenn. and 615-444-4125 in Lebanon, Tenn.